Thursday, March 22, 2007

How To Get The Help You Need


This story is an awesome story which I've got it in the book written by "Norman Vincent Peale".I felt this story very realistic.If we really go to GOD as a sinner we'll definetly find HIM and can walk close to HIM.This is my assurance.So....dont stop reading this...

The Atheist who went to the Mountain

For years an atheist in a Greek village envied the serenity of a Christian friend. Finally, he asked his friend if he, too, might not find from God the same peace of mind.

‘Yes, I believe so’, replied the Christian, ‘if you get to know Him’.

‘But where can I meet this God?’

The Christian explained that he customarily went out several miles beyond the village and there met and talked to God.

The next morning the atheist walked out of the village until he stood before a mountain, and he cried out, ‘Lord God Almighty, discover to me the kind of being you are!’

And when he received no answer he again and again cried out the same words. He repeated this action every morning for several weeks and finally gave up. ’There is no God! ’he declared.

When the atheist again encountered his Christian friend he scornfully related his futile experience and alleged the Christian was indulging in self-deception.

‘Did you go out of the village, as I directed? ’ asked the Christian.

‘Yes, and I stood before that mountain day after day and called out to your God, and there was no answer.’

‘Why, there is no mountain out there,’ ’said the Christian. ’But, anyway, tell me, what did you say to the Lord? ’

‘I asked Him to tell me the kind of being he is.’

‘Well my friend,’ replied the Christian, ‘When I go out there I tell God the kind of person I am. I confess I am sinful and I recognize that purity and holiness cannot exist apart from Him. Then God appears to me and I gain a better understanding of Him.’

The next morning the atheist again went out beyond the village, fell on his knees before the mountain, and said, ‘Lord, I am sinful man; forgive me.’

And when the atheist looked up, the mountain had disappeared. It was only the shadow of his own self, and when self had no longer remained between him and God, and then he saw the Lord.

RALPH L. WOODS

We search the world for truth. We cull

The good, the true, the beautiful,

From graven stone and written scroll,

And all old flower-fields of the soul;

And, weary seekers of the best,

We come back laden from our quest,

To find that all the sages said

Is in the Book our mothers read.

THE BIBLE

JOHN GREENLEAF WHITTIER

No comments: