Monday, February 19, 2007

Python-1

Hey friend don't think that I'm talking about the snakes 'Cobra' or 'Python' but I'm talking about the Language "Python"(Good try rite!!!!)ok....So if you have no idea about Python Programming Language the I think this blog will definitely help you if you just read it slowly.......
Don't be afraid that this is a very difficult language or something or the other....Here you can find almost everything concerned with UNIX environment since I worked in that and still working in that environment....Probably there are many window based Python Editors available where you can work in windows environment but here it is more about the Unix System's.In Unix environment python is an in-built software.So, there is no necessity to install any new software on your system.
So..now I'm starting....
On the command prompt window just type "python" and run it.The you'll get a prompt showing
">>>" this .So,You are now ready to work on python.I think you can do any program now.

So,I'll start with little calculations.Initially it seems to be little easy but later on the difficulty increases but on the whole amortised solution you can see that,it is an awesome language and you'll have a great enthu to learn more about it.
Python can be used as a Calculator.You just type these:

>>>a=5
>>>b=3
>>>c=a+b
>>>c
8
>>>

Now you understood how easy it is...Am I right????? This way we can do calculations in python where python is our best calculator.
Now I'll talk about the way of printing.There is nothing much in this.Now how I'm telling you that we are going to learn printing,like that only you tell to the prompt which thing do yo want it to print.Now tell me what is the command which I give to print????Any guess???
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
>>>print a
5
>>>print b
3
>>>print c
8

So,I think this is sufficient for this post.Much more I'll talk about in the other posts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kummai

Anonymous said...

Congrats Liddi ... n once again thankz for teaching us Python

Anonymous said...

Well written article.